hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: review request: HBASE-7403 Online Merge
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:17:25 GMT
Chunhui replied to this question on review board.

Basically the force option is to repair overlapping regions or table with hole in its regions.

Personally I think online merge should detect merging regions with hole in between them and
not require force flag in that case because logically they're adjacent.

Cheers