hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] The 3rd hbase 0.94.6 release candidate is available for download
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 01:46:08 GMT
No Ted, I released this just to screw everybody and have you wonder why nothing is working
:)

Seriously... Did the exact jenkins build locally, instead of waiting for an entire day to
get a slot on a jenkins VM. All tests passed in both builds.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com>
To: dev@hbase.apache.org; lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:36 PM
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] The 3rd hbase 0.94.6 release candidate is available for download

Lars:HBase-0.94-security and HBase-0.94 Jenkins builds are still pending.

I assume test suite for both secure and insecure profiles passed for you locally.

Cheers

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:

The 3rd and hopefully last 0.94.6 RC is available for download at http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.6-rc2/

>Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328
>
>0.94.6 is a primarily a bug fix release. This RC has 55 issues resolved against it, contributed
by 28 individuals.
>These are mostly bug fixes. Don't be fooled by the comparatively small number of issues;
one of them is a giant back port of the HBase snapshots feature.
>RC2 also fixes a nasty replication/restart issue and also pulls in all fixed committed
since the last RC.

>The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12323907
>
>Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and vote +1/-1 by March
20th on whether we should release this as 0.94.6.