hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: no 0.94 commits please, for 0.94.6RC2
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:32:36 GMT
I ran the tests locally multiple time and it was fine.
I do not think we need to back this out... Again.

 From: Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com>
To: dev@hbase.apache.org; lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: no 0.94 commits please, for 0.94.6RC2

Jeffrey, Devaraj and I worked together on the test failure of TestMasterFailover#testMasterFailoverWithMockedRITOnDeadRS
in 0.94

This test passed pretty consistently before HBASE-7824 went in.
However, it fails quite frequently in current 0.94 branch.

Jeffrey had some initial finding which unfortunately didn't match the test output we looked

We will continue to find out the relationship between HBASE-7824 and TestMasterFailover#testMasterFailoverWithMockedRITOnDeadRS

Meanwhile, to unblock 0.94.6 RC2, I plan to back out HBASE-7824.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:

I am still waiting for any jenkins run. Decided to build the release myself (running through
all tests, just like jenkins would).