hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review request for HBASE-7692: Ordered byte[] serialization
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 23:13:45 GMT
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Matt Corgan <mcorgan@hotpads.com> wrote:

> To nitpick a little it wouldn't quite be a sibling of hbase-client because
> hbase-client depends on hbase-common and hbase-protocol

Actually, quite the contrary. I don't see this as being an external module
as much as integral to the client's use of HBase (read "client" as
"application consuming HBase", not "the HBase RPC client implementation").
Further, once HBase provides a suitable serialization format for
primitives, why not push them into the client API? IMHO, HBase really
should provide basic types for users at the Mutation layer. That, however,
belongs in an entirely separate ticket.