hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hadoop 2.0 dependency upgraded to 2.0.3-alpha
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:39:05 GMT
The root cause was the removal of
capacity-scheduler.xml<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-2/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager/conf/capacity-scheduler.xml>
from
2.0.3-alpha maven artifacts.
This config file is needed to start CapacityScheduler which is the default.

After talking to Sid, I got two suggestions:
1. embed minimal
capacity-scheduler.xml<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-2/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager/conf/capacity-scheduler.xml>
in
our src/test/resources
2. use FiFo scheduler instead which doesn't require presence of config file

I think #2, though temporary fix, is easy to change once a future 2.0
release addresses this issue.

Once consensus is reached, I will attach another patch to HBASE-7904

Cheers