hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Heads-up! Branching 0.96 (actually 0.95) this weekend
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 20:10:33 GMT
I will branch this weekend.  The branch will be called 0.95 rather than
0.96.  The notion -- suggested in the past and brought up again at this
weeks dev powwow --  is that we'll put out a 0.95.0 soon and mark it
not-for-production use so folks have something to try early.  We might do
more 0.95.x releases than just the one.  We did something similar with the
0.89 set of releases that preceded 0.90.

When we think APIs and wire-format sufficiently stabilized, we'll then cut
a 0.96 from the 0.95 branch and release 0.96.0, etc., from here on out.

You all good w/ this?
Yours,
St.Ack