hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Review request for HBASE-7692: Ordered byte[] serialization
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 23:20:12 GMT
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Matt Corgan <mcorgan@hotpads.com> wrote:

> All sounds fine to me Nick.  I had not looked into the internals enough to
> realize Builders were optional.
>
> Sorry if I'm looking too far down the road, but the future implications of
> including such low level building blocks could be hard to unwind.  Worth a
> little discussion at least.

Agreed.

Let me go of to look at the patch.  I third the Matt/Jon suggestion that
this be a jar we include if possible w/ no hbase dependency if possible and
if that is not possible, as a standalone module w/ no interdependency....
but then I also appreciate and would like to support your improvement to
the HBase API project Nick.  Let me go look at the patch.

Good stuff,
St.Ack