hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Yates <jesse.k.ya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help with building hbase trunk against hadoop trunk
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:38:46 GMT
If you want to build against hadoop 3.0 you will probably need to hack the
pom to make it so (you could use a similar method as the 2.x stuff). Then
you want to install hadoop 3.0 in your local maven repo (some form of 'mvn

Then, supposing you do hacked the pom, you would run:
mvn -o install -DskipTests -Dhadoop.profile=3.0

The key here being the -o flag to run in offline mode and just use the
installed hadoop dependency. You might need to do a regular install first,
and then add the 3.0 and -o flags so you have all the build dependencies

Does that make sense?

Jesse Yates