hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Liochon <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: precommit zombies
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:08:37 GMT
> You think these mess up our tests at all N?
Theoritically, no. But if they consume memory & CPU it at the very least
does not help us.

> Or are these just the zombies sometimes reported in our test output on
jenkins?
Yes, it gives a wrong warning on our builds. May be it's just an exception,
I don't look at all failures ;-)

> You have admin privs on jenkins Nicolas?  I can add.
Yes, please. It could be useful sometimes may be.

> Selective kill seems like good idea if jenkins is not doing it (long as
we don't kill jenkins itself --- that'd make us popular... smile)
May be Jenkins does only kill -15, I don't know. Or may be nothing. The
root cause is more or less a surefire issue imho, it should get rid of
these process alone.