hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Liochon <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: junit 4.11 / JDK 1.7 and test methods execution order.
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:33:08 GMT
>From the code I've seen so far, I don't think having a dependency on the
order execution was a voluntary decision, more an accident.
JUnit team seems to think a totally random order is not a perfect solution,
because it makes tests non repeatable. So the new 4.11 is not random, just
different than before, and similar on 1.7 and 1.6.

We can keep the same order for the 1.6 with the new 4.11 option
'MethodSorters.JVM'. I've not tested it. However, it won't work on 1.7.
That's why I've chosen to fix the root cause...

Nicolas