hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: ProtoBuf generation?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:17:12 GMT
protoc is pretty easy to install on all the systems. It took me few
seconds to install it. So if someone  try to build and the build is
failing because protoc is missing, then just install it?

It's like if javac or mvn is missing. It can be considered as a
critical tool to allo HBase build to succeed?

2013/1/14, Enis Söztutar <enis.soz@gmail.com>:
> I think the idea was to make it easier for the average developer to get
> hbase building without the hassle. The only downside is that we have to
> commit the generated code.
> I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7557 as a critical.
> Enis
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Andrew Purtell
> <apurtell@apache.org>wrote:
>> 012 for lacking it here and there but that would not be the typical
>> experience. I was also bitten by needing a recent en

View raw message