hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Sorting out issues for 0.96 for (eventual) release
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:48:06 GMT
I was also thinking that 0.96.0 should be labeled beta, just because, we
might want to break compat in a couple more cases.

I lack the context here, whether why we have adopted the linux's odd/even
naming convention. Anyone kind enough to remind us again? It does not
matter that much whether we go with 0.95.0-beta or 0.96.0-beta, but I am
just trying to understand. Also we have been publicizing 0.96 for some
time, so suddenly coming out with a release labeled 0.95 might be
confusing. Can we do 0.96.0-beta then 0.96.1 (non beta)?

One more discussion is that I want to raise supporting windows (HBASE-6814)
as a blocker against 0.96. There is still some more work, but I think we
can get them fixed by the time, 0.96.0 comes out. If not, we can agree that
these changes can go in 0.96.1.

Enis