hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: ProtoBuf generation?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:46:43 GMT
I tend to agree with this -- there is no guarantee that future
versions of this will not break compatiblity, (thrift did this
multiple times), yeah, modifying protobuf stuff is rare.

I'd be happy if we detected if protoc was present, use it if it was
but also allow the build if it isn't by using the committed generated
code.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)