hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Let's discuss Snapshots Feature Testing
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:55:48 GMT
My counter-argument here is that this would be a bug in HDFS as
opposed to HBase. It is good to know, but ideally shouldn't be exposed
at the HBase level.   This test won't really make sense if there was a
different FS underneath.

That said, if you insist we can add and and report on this (lower
priority than the hbase-level problems though).

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
> If a datanode goes down and it has an indirect bad effect on snapshots,
> this would be useful to know.
> For the HA NN item, I threw that in there for completeness sake. Ideally a
> client like HBase wouldn't notice.
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> I think the killing data nodes and killing HA NN is out of scope form
>> an HBase point of view.
> --
> Best regards,
>    - Andy