hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Going to commit HBASE-7414 soon...
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 21:23:17 GMT
It touches HFile, so I can understand if you might be concerned.

Take a look. It's a minor version bump that transparently upgrades the
 trailer block encoding to be PB based. The idea is we can add a couple of
extra fields carefully over time without requiring a minor bump, and going
forward backwards and some forwards compatibility.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)