hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ClientService protobuf RPC service implementation?
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 06:47:52 GMT
The blocking interface is just used to tie the request type to a response
type.  The actual non-blocking/blocking part is implemented in  HBaseRPC
(it actually uses nio to do the io).

If you want to create your own client that's non-blocking you'll have to
create your own version of HBaseRPC and the serialization.  Here's
something close to what you were talking about that I created.  It can read
root and meta but not much more:
https://github.com/elliottneilclark/hbase/tree/webscale_client

Though currently in trunk lots of changes have been made for how HBase
sends KeyValues across the wire.