hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Shrijeet Paliwal <shrij...@rocketfuel.com>
Subject HBASE-5898 & 0.92.2
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 20:05:31 GMT
Hello All,

If our read of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5898 is correct
it talks about three issues:

#1 Contention on a lock causing bad performance
#2 HDFS slowness causing IPC handlers blocked for large times.
#3 A mysterious bug which causes what looks like a deadlock

In out environment[1] we are seeing #3 (ish) signals. Attached is the stack
trace. One of our region server got blocked (almost all of IPC handlers)
for 11 hours, so it can not be #1 OR #2.

We have not back ported the patch yet so cant say if it fixes the issue or
not. Also it is difficult to reproduce.  There is a rumor that a program to
reproduce this issue exist, does it?

Eager to hear thoughts.

[1] HBase version 0.92.2 , Hadoop version CDH3u0
-Shrijeet