hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Checking in the generated apache hbase website
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:55:47 GMT
Currently, the apache hbase website is built as described here
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.org  We run maven site and then
site:deploy.  This rsyncs our content out to a dir on
people.apache.orgwhich in turn gets copied out to apache frontends on
a period.

Apache infrastructure are shutting down this publishing mechanism January
1st, 2013 and instead are offering two alternatives:
http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html

We could redo our website in apache cms format, option #1, or we could just
keep on w/ how we currently do our website only instead have it published
using svnpubsub tool (Option #2).

I suggest we go with option #2.

If we go this way, we'll need to have a versioned directory which has our
latest site in it.  Commits into this directory will be autopublished as
hbase.apache.org.

I was thinking that in our source tree, the directory
./hbase.apache.orgwould be where we stash our site.  I made
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7372 for the checkin.

I'll start in on this project tomorrow unless violent objection.

Input/suggestions most welcome.

St.Ack