hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ClientService protobuf RPC service implementation?
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 05:05:25 GMT
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Mick Hittesdorf
<mick.hittesdorf@gmail.com>wrote:

> Has any work been done to implement the ClientService protobuf server
> defined in the following proto file?
>

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/trunk/hbase-protocol/src/main/protobuf/Client.proto?view=markup
>
> I'd like to build an HBase client in C++ using the new protobuf-based
> client protocol. Where should I start?
>
> Thanks!

That described service is currently what client and server use in trunk.
 All communication is protobuf'd as of a commit today but we are working on
coming back some from the total protobuf'ing of all we pass, in particular,
the pb'ing of all KeyValues passed across the ipc chasm.  We will do
something more 'raw' passing the bigdata.  The issue we are discussing how
to pass big volumes of KeyValues is HBASE-7233.  It would be interesting to
get your input coming from your c++ perspective.

Thanks,
St.Ack
*
*