hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 01:20:29 GMT
My information here may be stale.

I remember we increased the timeout interval from 3 to 30 minutes, because
the master injecting itself into mid-assignment often triggered races and
led to double assignments and other bad stuff. At 30 minutes, this is not
useful IMO. As an operator I'd run hbck to sort it out long before then.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)