hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Van Besien <ja...@ngdata.com>
Subject Re: HBase - Secondary Index
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 19:24:09 GMT
Hi,

On 12/04/2012 09:10 AM, Anoop Sam John wrote:
 > I would like to hear what others think on this. :)

I found it interesting to read your approach on how the indexes can be
used to speed up existing scan operations.

I couldn't find anything in your presentation though about whether your
implementation makes any guarantees to ensure the source table and the
index table are always (eventually) in sync.

What if data is inserted in the source table and then the region server
crashes (before the coprocessor is executed)? Will the index be out of
sync? Do you have a mechanisme in place to detect and restore this
situation?

thanks
Jan