hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Liochon <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject small perf degradation in 0.94 trunk vs. older versions
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:07:40 GMT
Hi,

On a create table / reassignment, I feel we lost some performances recently
on 0.94. It's not huge (5% to 10%), but I would prefer them to be the other
way around.
Here are some tests I've done on test cluster, all the time with Hadoop
1.1.0;

scenario: 2 RS. Create a table with 3000 regions.
Start a third RS. Kill -15 the second one: there are 1500 regions to
reassign.

I've made multiple measures, there are all there:
It's in seconds.

Creating a table with 3000 regions:
0.92: 261s; 260s
0.94.0: 260s; 260s
0.94.1: 261s; 260s
0.94 trunk: 292s; 281s; 282s;
0.96 trunk: 173s; 178s

Reassign after the kill
0.92: 107s, 110s
0.94.0: 105s; 105s
0.94.1: 107s; 107s
0.94 trunk: 122s; 105s; 116s
0.96 trunk: 50s; 50s;

I don't know if there is a reason the the 0.94 trunk results...
The results for 0.96s are actually not that great, my tests (on a single
machine) were much better a few months ago. I will look at that.

Cheers,

N.