hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ANN: The 1st hbase 0.94.3 release candidate is available for download
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 21:42:28 GMT

Checked documentation and shell.

Uploaded millions of rows to a standalone instance with PE.  Confirmed
rows updated with RowCounter MR job.

Logs look fine except for the CleanerChore. Its messages are obnoxious
in number.  Not enough to sink a release though.  I made HBASE-7214 to
fix for 0.94.4.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:01 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The 1st 0.94.3 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.3-rc0/
> 0.94.3 is a bug fix release. This RC has 51 issues resolved against it, contributed by
28 individuals.
> These are mostly bug fixes, some nice performance improvements, and some other other
> The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12323144
> Please try out the RC, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by November 20th on whether
we should release this as 0.94.3.
> The release testing spreadsheet is here:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdFpvZzNpMHRHX0xybjN2eXcxcDVwdEE#gid=0
> (if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so that we can gauge
the coverage)
> Thanks.
> -- Lars

View raw message