hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Policy proposal for JIRAs opened for unit test failures without patches attached
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 20:22:40 GMT
I've talked about updating the jenkins builds in the past to break
them up into a flaky and non-flakey sets.  (it is something I've setup
on an internal jenkins instance). If we do that the the flakey tests
should have jiras until they get fixed.

I can't do this right now but could make some time to work on in
sometime next week.

Jon.

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'd say we keep the pressure up for failing tests... I.e. we file jiras.
> IMHO, a failing test should either be fixed or disabled, otherwise it just adds noise.
>

> (This is true for even occasionally failing tests. We have > 1000 tests, if we have
many tests that fail just once/100 runs, we get frequent build failures.)

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera