hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Policy proposal for JIRAs opened for unit test failures without patches attached
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 00:26:15 GMT
There has been a recent uptick in JIRAs opened for unit test failures
without patches attached. Since these merely duplicate information readily
available on our Jenkins, we should institute a policy of closing them as
Invalid if a patch is not attached to the JIRA in a timely manner (within
hours). Simply pointing out a failing test is not
a consequential contribution. We should also update the How To Contribute
documentation accordingly.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy