hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANN: The 4th hbase 0.94.2 release candidate is available for download
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 01:10:51 GMT

Did some small cluster insert tests and killed a region server. FWIW
we deployed something very close to 0.94.2 in production 2 weeks ago.

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 1:56 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The 4th 0.94.2 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.2-rc2/
> Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328 (Note the new key, signed by Stack.)
> 0.94.2 is a bug fix release. This 4th RC has 117 issues resolved against it. Over 40
developers contributed code and fixes to this release.
> These are mostly bug fixes, but also include performance improvements, some replication
fixes, and a compatibility fix with older 0.92 clusters.
> (Special thanks to Gregory Chanan, who discovered two last minute problems in previous
> The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+HBASE+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.94.2%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC
> The list of changes for this point release is getting long... Please take the RC for
a spin, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by October 12th on whether we should release
this as 0.94.2.
> You can find the new release testing spreadsheet here:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdDN6T2hjQ0lkOFlLYmk2S01FQ1RwSmc#gid=0
> (if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so that we can gauge
the coverage)
> Thanks.
> -- Lars

View raw message