hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Yates <jesse.k.ya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.96.0
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 21:25:09 GMT

> + Protobufs anywhere we persist (to the filesystem, to zookeeper, over
> the wire, etc.)
> + Hadoop 1.0.0 is a requirement
> + You can run 0.96 on Hadoop 2.0.x
> + Runs on jdk7
> + All tests pass most of the time (instead of what we currently have
> where unit tests all pass on rare occasion)

At least for a minimum requirement, though I feel we could ship 0.96
without java7 support (and hence saving fixing all the failing tests).

> What else?
>
> + Snapshots?

I'd like to get it in - currently dependent on getting reviews :) Currently
working on the upper tiers to get them cranking on the refactored 3PC code
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com