hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 04:08:32 GMT
Should we start putting this into practice? I'm happy to do this for 0.94.0 and 0.94.1 (provided
that mass change functionality in jira actually works).

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com>
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:53 AM
Subject: Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).

Hey all,

I propose that we close issues after a release is done.

Close is stronger than resolve -- I believe it makes the issue essentially
read only.  There are many resolved issues from 0.20, 0.89, and 0.90.6 <
that could be closed, (as well as issues from 0.92.1, and 0.94.1..

This would force discussion on old topics to new jiras and make things a
little tidier.

Thoughts?

Jon.

--