hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject ANN: The 4th hbase 0.94.2 release candidate is available for download
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 20:56:42 GMT
The 4th 0.94.2 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.2-rc2/
Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328 (Note the new key, signed by Stack.)

0.94.2 is a bug fix release. This 4th RC has 117 issues resolved against it. Over 40 developers
contributed code and fixes to this release.
These are mostly bug fixes, but also include performance improvements, some replication fixes,
and a compatibility fix with older 0.92 clusters.
(Special thanks to Gregory Chanan, who discovered two last minute problems in previous RCs)

The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+HBASE+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.94.2%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC

The list of changes for this point release is getting long... Please take the RC for a spin,
check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by October 12th on whether we should release this as
0.94.2.

You can find the new release testing spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdDN6T2hjQ0lkOFlLYmk2S01FQ1RwSmc#gid=0
(if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so that we can gauge
the coverage)

Thanks.

-- Lars