hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ANN: The 3rd hbase 0.94.2 release candidate is available for download
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 22:14:49 GMT
Friendly reminder to please give this RC a spin.

Thanks.

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com>
To: hbase-dev <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:25 PM
Subject: ANN: The 3rd hbase 0.94.2 release candidate is available for download

The 3rd - and hopefully last - 0.94.2 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.2-rc2/
Signed with my code signing key: A1AC25A9

This RC fixes a last minute bug that we discovered in how HBase-only checksums are handled.

0.94.2 is a bug fix release. The 2nd RC has 99 issues resolved against it. Over 38 developers
contributed code and fixes to this release.
These are mostly bug fixes, but also include performance improvements. some replication fixes,
and a compatibility fix with older 0.92 clusters.

The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+HBASE+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.94.2%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC

Please take the RC for a spin, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by October 2nd on whether
we should release this as 0.94.2.

You can find the new release testing spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdDRTbk1VUXpUQlV4V2I3X1Q5aXp3NEE#gid=0
(if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so that we can gauge
the coverage)

Thanks.

-- Lars