hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Metrics, be better already (The legend of graphite)
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 08:51:36 GMT
Hey folks,

I built something out here at DTS, and I wanted to get feedback to see
if it was interesting for anyone else... I built a no-dependency
GraphiteReportingContext module that allows hadoop metrics to be
exported to a graphite service.  We've been using it here for a month
and it works quite nicely.  Graphite is not as easy as it should be to
set up (I have some automated packaging scripts too), but it sure
beats everything else, and double so on ganglia.

Anyone think this is interesting?