hbase-dev mailing list archives

From tsuna <tsuna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plans for asynchbase re:96
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 06:11:38 GMT
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Shrijeet Paliwal
<shrijeet@rocketfuel.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Jacques <whshub@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does Benoit or anyone else have plans for updating the asynchbase client
>> for 0.96?  The PB switchover may be a natural opportunity to superset the
>> clients.
>>

> Curious to know same.

I want to have asynchbase speak PB to 0.96, while maintaining
compatibility with previous versions of HBase.  I haven't closely
followed the state of things in 0.96, but if things are deemed stable
in 0.96 (as in: no more significant change to the protocol) it's
worthwhile to start looking at integrating support for the new
protocol in asynchbase.

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure