hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: DISCUSSION: Component Lieutenants?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 17:00:15 GMT
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Anoop Sam John <anoopsj@huawei.com> wrote:

> It will be my pleasure to be there for co processor, filters, scan flows and put&
delete flows...  [If you guys allow me  :)]

Excellent.  Keep volunteering and then I'll write up a list and post
it here for quick review and then I'll cast it into JIRA into the
component description section as Jon suggested.

As I see it, we're talking about a reviewers system that is flatter
than the google system Todd proposed suggested.  I'm thinking that a
flatter structure is probably OK given the hbase source is probably
0.00000000001% of the google repository.

Regards who should review or guide at the x-component level, we could
have a fella w/ a chestful of medals and big billed cap or we could
set up a committee of cranky veterans -- Andrew Purtell, Myself, and
say Lars or Jon or... -- but my thinking is that we punt on this
'role' for now and see how this bit of policy that we've instituted
here works a while?

Good stuff,
St.Ack