hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject hbase-6055 (snapshots) version in jira.
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 20:10:58 GMT
Hey all,

We've started (or will very soon start) committing patches to a github repo
for the snapshot branch (https://github.com/jyates/hbase/tree/snapshots,
likely other forks coming).  I've added a component for snapshots to the
jira.  I'm considering adding a version  (likely the 'hbase-6055'
version/branch) so that when snapshot sub-issues get committed to the
branch,  we resolve with that fix version and not have to worry about
muddling the main '0.96' release version until it is merged in.   If for
some reason if this doesn't make 0.96, we wouldn't have to do a jira
cleanup pass.  If it does, we just add the 0.96 fix version to all those
issues.

Does this seem ok?  Does the name I'm suggesting seem good?  (I considered
'snapshots' but this is confusing IMO because of SNAPSHOT versions and I
didn't want to tie it to a particular version).

Thanks,
Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)