hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Switching trunk build to jdk1.7; will break some tests
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 22:01:21 GMT
+1

How are we making sure that HBase still compiles and works fine on JDK6?
Should we have jenkins builds for both for a while. Or is that too many variations?

I suppose we can switch all (trunk) builds to JDK7 and one build for JDK6 on Hadoop1.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Stack <stack@duboce.net>
To: HBase Dev List <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2012 1:59 PM
Subject: Switching trunk build to jdk1.7; will break some tests

I'll switch the trunk build to JDK7 unless objection next week.

It'll break tests.  Jimmy Xiang figured this a while ago and he filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6182.  He also started
fixing some of the breakage.  Lets help him out.

Some reasons to favor JDK7 are JDK6 is being EOL'd soon and JDK7
reportedly improves performance by noticeably percentages.

St.Ack