hbase-dev mailing list archives

From N Keywal <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject TestThriftServerCmdLine seems to need 12 minutes to run.
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:54:44 GMT
Hello,

Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift.TestThriftServerCmdLine
Tests run: 32, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 733.972 sec

That's 12 minutes, not far from the current timeout for a single test
(900 seconds).
Is there anyone working on this or adding new tests there?
As you know,  if the test takes more time because there are new tests
in it, it makes sense to break it in smaller pieces to get some
parallelization.

I've seen as well these ones:
Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.backup.example.TestZooKeeperTableArchiveClient
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 284.153 sec

Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.encoding.TestChangingEncoding
Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 299.748 sec

I had a look at this last one, hopefully it will be reduced by 100s
after HBASE-6654.

Still, there is a lot of tests around the 3+ minutes execution time.
It's better to stick to less than 1 minute as much as we can... If
even worth checking this area during the code review I would say.

Cheers,

Nicolas.