hbase-dev mailing list archives

From N Keywal <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TestThriftServerCmdLine seems to need 12 minutes to run.
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2012 11:24:42 GMT
Hi Jesse,

Yes, I tried, reducing the sleep does not change much the test time :-).

I took these two as example, as 5 minutes seemed to be a lot to me (with
the current config, it slows down the global build by  more than 1 minute
alone), and I think it's easier to tackle this at the very beginning. After
a year or two, when many contributors added tests, fixed bugs and so on,
it's more difficult to change things: you always fear that you're going to
decrease the test coverage. And it may requires to change the main code to
ease hooking/mocking & so on. It's obviously easier to do during the dev
than post dev...

Cheers,

Nicolas