hbase-dev mailing list archives

From N Keywal <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fastest way to run tests
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 06:01:55 GMT
Hi Matt,

The fastest way to run the tests is to use a ramdrive and to use as many
process as possible.

mvn -Dtest.build.data.basedirectory=/ramdrive test -P runAllTests
-Dsurefire.secondPartThreadCount=12

=> Dtest.build.data.basedirectory => use the given directory to write the
test data
sudo mkdir /ramdrive
sudo mount -t tmpfs -o size=2000M tmpfs /ramdrive
It must be cleaned before running another test.

=> -P runAllTests => run all tests. Without this parameter only small and
medium tests are executed

=> -Dsurefire.secondPartThreadCount=12 => execute 12 tests in parallel. Can
be increased.

Cheers,

N.