hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@stumbleupon.com>
Subject HBase-0.94.2-SNAPSHOT Scanning Bug
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 00:39:07 GMT
I recently tried to update one of our clusters to a version of 0.94.2
seen here: https://github.com/stumbleupon/hbase/commits/su_prod_94

When doing that all of the nodes started taking all available cpu
time.  Not much interesting was in the logs however jstacks looked
like this: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=fw6P5RKE  Everything is
spinning in scans.  A version of 0.94.1 works perfectly and reverting
solved all issues.  I don't really have enough data to point at any
jira as the cause I was just wondering if anyone had some insight into
the few commits between 0.94.1 release and the head of the above
github that could cause scans to spin.

Thanks