hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject What is HBaseConfiguration.create(Configuration) good for?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 01:12:57 GMT
Hi devs,

During our migration to 0.94.1 from 0.92.1 we encountered a problem.
Some of our code depends on HBaseConfiguration.create(Configuration)
to get a new configuration object that contained both the original
conf's and HBase's configurations. This behavior was changed in this

My understanding is that this optimization just removed the
HBase-specific bits and is now the equivalent of doing new
Configuration(Configuration). My question is: why do we keep this
method around? It's not doing anything that Configuration doesn't
already provide plus it's confusing since the other create() does add
the HBase configurations.

We should remove it and point to addHbaseResources or revert HBASE-5022.

View raw message