hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Single parameter HTable constructors gone in 0.94 without warning
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 22:42:13 GMT
Hi dev,

While moving to 0.94 we encountered the problem that the HTable
constructors that only took the table name were removed by

Ted mentioned in a review that these constructors should be marked as
deprecated in 0.92 but it was never done.

Basically, we removed public constructor methods from HTable without notice.

I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6661 to fix that.

In the future we need to be more careful when changing user-facing
APIs, specifically for 0.94 this is the second time we needed to add
work arounds post-upgrade.

J-D