hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Shin <kevin.s...@thinkbiganalytics.com>
Subject Re: Improving Coprocessor postSplit/postOpen synchronization
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:59:39 GMT
Hello again everyone,

Thanks for responding! I really appreciate all of the advice that's been
given so far.  :)

Just to clarify Andrew do you have a prototype patch up that could
potentially be worked on to either move postSplit() or add new hooks into
the framework/are planning on submitting it sometime in the near future?

I'd also love to get any feedback from the community about where to add the
hook(s) but my thought was that we should have different levels of hooks
within a split as Ramkrishna suggested. Perhaps two preSplits to accomodate
for grabbing as well as a postSplit and a completeSplit? Giving a better
abstraction would definitely help developers figure out how to deal with
asynchronous calls to split, Put, and Delete. Thanks as always!

Best,
Kevin