hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Shin <kevin.s...@thinkbiganalytics.com>
Subject Testing Coprocessor Methods postSplit() and postWALRestore()
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:01:31 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm working on building unit tests for a Coprocessor class I'm building
with HBase for a Lucene search index.
In writing the unit tests, I can't seem to figure out how to call/test
postSplit() and postWALRestore() from the HBase API.
Specifically, all of the implementations of splitting a region I've run
into have been asynchronous and do not complete (I test with a while loop
checking for increased number of regions)
and I can't think of a way to crash and bring up an HBase Region (Only
close and open, not reopen). If there are classes to create synchronous
splits and crash/reopen an HBase Region, would greatly appreciate the
advice. Thanks!

Cheers,
Kevin