hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 0.94.2
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 19:06:11 GMT
Alright. I created a 0.94.3 release target. If you can, please move all 0.94.x jiras you don't
plan to work on soon (within a week or so) to 0.94.3.
I'll do a sweep throughout the next week. Maybe I can cut an RC by the end of next week.

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: Elliott Clark <eclark@stumbleupon.com>
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Cc: lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: 0.94.2

I think the perf improvements alone would warrant a 0.94.2.
HBASE-6602 was pretty critical for us and HBASE-6603 was a great find.

Smaller releases mean more work testing rc's but it sure is nice to
debug when the delta is smaller (see HBASE-6577).

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:41 AM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> 0.94.1 has been released two weeks ago. Seeing that it typically takes multiple weeks
to tie up a release go through the RC process, in the interest of a faster release cycle,
>> I would like to start thinking about 0.94.2 now.
>> There are 38 improvements and bugfixes against 0.94.2 already, and some of them include
important performance fixes.
>> Thoughts? Keep up the pace? Or slow down?
> I'd be up for reviewing an RC.  38 changes easily justifies a point
> release and there are a few corner case regressions whose fixes should
> be out sooner rather than later.
> St.Ack

View raw message