hbase-dev mailing list archives

From kbmkumar <kbmku...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem - Bringing up the HBase cluster
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 01:16:18 GMT
Hi,
      I am trying to bring up a HBase cluster with 1 master and 1 one region
server. I am using
Hadoop 1.0.3
Hbase 0.94.1

Starting the hdfs was straight forward and i could see the namenode up and
running successfully. But the problem is with Hbase. I followed all the
guidelines given in the Hbase cluster setup (fully distributed mode) and ran
the start-hbase.sh

It started the Master, Region server and zookeeper (in the region server) as
per my configuration. But i am not sure the master is fully functional. When
i try to connect hbase shell and create table, it errors out saying
PleaseHoldException- Master is initializing

In UI HMaster status shows like this *Assigning META region (since 18mins,
39sec ago)*

and i see the Hmaster logs are flowing with the following debug prints, the
log file is full of below prints,
*
2012-08-22 01:08:19,637 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:
Looked up root region location,
connection=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@49586cbd;
serverName=hadoop-datanode1,60020,1345596463277
2012-08-22 01:08:19,638 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:
Looked up root region location,
connection=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@49586cbd;
serverName=hadoop-datanode1,60020,1345596463277
2012-08-22 01:08:19,639 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:
Looked up root region location,
connection=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@49586cbd;
serverName=hadoop-datanode1,60020,1345596463277*

Please help me in debugging this.