hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vrodio...@carrieriq.com>
Subject RE: search metric about Hbase vs Oracle or Mysql
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:42:02 GMT
I do not think you will find anything. HBase is not the replacement for Oracle or MySQL.
What are you going to compare? Single server performance? Any RDBMs properly tuned will be
faster but can you run MySQl or Oracle in a cluster on 10-100-1000 servers?

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com

From: misteroud [mechecboss@yahoo.fr]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 4:14 PM
To: hbase-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: search metric about Hbase vs Oracle or Mysql

Hi,

I search some metric / benchmark Hbase vs Oracle or Mysql database ?

Someone, have got some informations or interresting web link to give me ?

- charts that show us Request time(ms) by How many requests.
- Number of simultanous connexion supported by Hbase vs Oracle or Mysql.
- Number of transaction supported? data size supported ? etc...

I search a long time but I didn't find... Can you help me ?

Best regards,