hbase-dev mailing list archives

From N Keywal <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing 0.94.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 08:31:07 GMT
Hi Roman,

I monitor carefully the dependency we have on these private version:
see the backgroung in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4955
For both surefire and junit, we met bugs and fixed them. They're
committed in the junit trunk and surefire trunk.
For JUnit, we're waiting for the 4.11 release, the 4.10 being now 9
months old. Our fix was proposed 8 months ago, integrated to trunk 4
months ago.

We need it for the categories in surefire. Without this fix, JUnit
tries to fully initialize the classes when checking for categories.
Full story is here: https://github.com/KentBeck/junit/issues/359

In any case, HBase production code does not depend on them. This
dependency is only for the tests classes. If you don't run the hbase
tests, you can use the 4.10 version of JUnit.

If I understand well you want to push the artifact to a repo? Would it
make sense to use a specific maven profile? Such a profile already
exists actually. With "-P localTests", you desactivating categories.
It should be possible to set a JUnit 4.10 dependency on this existing
profile.

Cheers,,

N.