hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject deprecating (old) metrics in favor of metrics2 framework
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 14:23:37 GMT
Hi,
See the following comment for background:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4050?focusedCommentId=13408679&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13408679

metrics2 framework is in both hadoop 1.0 and hadoop 2.0
We would like to migrate to metrics2 framework. But maintaining two metrics
frameworks in HBase is costly and results in lower readability.

However, if you have cluster monitoring tool that depends on (old) metrics
framework, we want to give you smooth migration experience.

Please provide your opinions on whether (old) metrics framework should be
deprecated in 0.94 or in 0.96.

Thanks