hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase 0.94.1
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:04:44 GMT
0.94.0 was not a stable release.
I hope 0.94.1 would be stable. My rationale was that deprecating current
metric classes in the first stable release of 0.94 should be acceptable.

I would humbly listen to other people's opinions, of course.

Cheers

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 0.94 is already out and did not have these deprecated. So deprecating them
> now in a point release is a bit strange.
> Not -1'ing it, just raising that thought here.
>
> As said below because of HBASE-6311 0.94.1 should get out soon. If push
> comes to shuff are folks ok with:
> 1. deprecating in a point release
> 2. maybe doing that in 0.94.2
> ?
>
> Lastly, I don't think we need to deprecate now in order in remove in 0.96.
>
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- Lars
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com>
> To: dev@hbase.apache.org; lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com>
> Cc:
> Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 4:38 PM
> Subject: Re: HBase 0.94.1
>
> If possible, can you wait for the poll on metrics2 framework to close ?
> If the poll passes, 0.94.1 RC would carry deprecation for (old) metric
> classes.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > That's great, thanks for setting this up Roman!
> >
> >
> > There're only three issues left against 0.94.1.
> > I want to push it out quickly because of HBASE-6311.
> >
> > I am 90% sure there'll be a first RC this week.
> >
> > -- Lars
> >
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org>
> > To: dev@hbase.apache.org; lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com>
> > Cc:
> > Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 8:35 AM
> > Subject: Re: HBase 0.94.1
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I did a pass through all issues against 0.94.1, retargeted some, fixed
> > some others.
> > > There're still 13 Major and 1 Minor issue left. Please look through the
> > issue that you have filed (or are working on),
> > > and make a call whether you want this should hold up the next 0.94
> > release. If not, please retarget to 0.94.2
> > > (Or mail me offline if you have questions).
> >
> > Question: what's the likelihood of 0.94.1 release within next couple
> > of weeks? We hooked it up to the trunk of Bigtop and will be validating
> > RCs.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Roman.
> >
> >
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message