hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deprecating (old) metrics in favor of metrics2 framework
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:02:05 GMT
Thanks for the analysis, Gary.

Whether we support 2 (actually more than 2) metrics frameworks in 0.96 can
be debated in the next 2 months.

As Todd mentioned in the thread 'HBase 0.94.1', we will try our best to
keep JMX interface the same across 0.94 and 0.96. Does this somehow reduce
the concern you raised ?

As for using MetricsContext, I assume the user also uses hadoop in his /
her deployment. Then he / she should be aware of the deprecation of
metrics.* classes in both hadoop 1.0 and 2.0
Meaning he / she should be prepared to endorse metrics2 framework.

Correct me if I am wrong.